Friday, July 9, 2010

Jar of Hearts.

During this rainy week I decided to make a skirt for my non-existent portfolio.

The Little Pink Book:
This is where I keep all my sketches and magazine clippings. I've had it for two weeks and its already overflowing! Notice the drafting paper in the back ground... Yep that's right. I drafted the pattern from scratch. It was a good one time thing but I'm crossing pattern maker off the list of possible careers!
Some flats...

Drafting paper (in pink, of course!), pattern pieces, my new french curve, all laid out on my fancy-smancy sewing table. Aka- my bed.


The finished product.
360 pleating,3 inch waistband, bubble hem.



The material was a satin with a silk weave so it created this natural stripe, which was a beautiful burden. Beautiful because it gave the fabric texture without it being a statement. But a burden because it allowed no room for mistakes. Any cut that was EXACTLY on the grain threw off the whole look of the garment- well at least in my eyes.


Worn with a vintage top form Civvies, Ziggy Soho booties, and Estee Lauder Opulent Red Lipcolor.

2 comments: