Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pre-Debutant Ball

So for those of you that don't know, I was nominated to be a Debutant! Being a Debutant is a timeless tradition. In most cases you have to be extremely wealthy and related to-or be- royalty. Believe me, I am neither. Down here in the South being a Debutante is about etiquette, poise, class, inner and outer beauty, and personality.
Tonight was the ball where all 81 nominees are invited. Then a panel of judges will decide the 25 girls that will be crowned officially as Debutantes. On May 1st 2010 those lucky 25 girls will receive their letters inviting them to the annual Debutant Ball. Fingers crossed!

Here are some pics of us getting ready for the big night:



My model face.


Shoes: Alice + Olivia
Opera-lengthed gloves
Earrings!
My great grandmothers.

278 Swavarski crystals. 37 man labour hours. Endless cuts and bloody fingers. One gorgeous dress.
The emblem was inspired by Cinderella's carriage.
Fairytale inspiration. Fairytale dress. Fairytale night.







My nails got messed up right before I left!... Oh, wait. I wore gloves the whole night.



More pics later!
XOXO
Sammie

2 comments:

  1. wow..im so jealous! i live in the south too (new orleans) and deb balls here are also a HUGE tradition for us :) hope you make the cut and have a lovely time, i know i did! keep blogging, i read and love everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! Your comment made my day! Please keep reading :)
    XOXO Sammie

    ReplyDelete